The Phygital Games truly blur the boundaries between the digital world and the physical one. While emotions are running high in the cyber arena and the athletes are competing for a win in the finals, fantastic characters from popular games have found a way into our world in the spectator zone dancing Just Dance with the spectators, taking pictures and having a good time. Hours upon hours of work and creativity have been put into these colorful costumes and cosplayer characters and each and every one of them has a story to it. We have interviewed Arina the Groga Girl. She is wearing the Dota 2 Dark Willow character at these Phygital Games.
– Your outfit is mindblowing. What gave you the idea to start cosplaying?
– I’ve been cosplaying for nine years, maybe even more. I started cosplaying right after I started playing Dota 2. I began to create images for my characters.
– It must have been love at first sight. Is this your only image or are there more?
– No, I have about six or seven character images I wear.
– How long does it take and how much does it cost to put together a costume like this?
– It took me about a month to make this costume. It’s quite fast. It cost me about 40,000 rubles.
– How do your family and friends feel about your hobby? Any of them help you sew costumes?
– My parents did give me a helping hand when I was a teenager. I created the first character images together with my grandfather, an artist, and my dad.
– Is there a character image that you wish to create, but something is stopping you?
– I think that the character images that I have in my mind I will create all of them quite soon.