The Russian Federation
of Phygital Sports
The Russian Federation of Phygital Sports (RFPS) — is a social organization responsible for the development, promotion and organization of mass sports in the format of functional digital all-round event.
Its goal — is to support and popularize phygital-sport in Russia to make sure modern athletes are equally successful on the sports arena and in the virtual universe.
The tasks of the federation:
- Common information platform for a community of like-minded people
- A corps of judges for holding the games in phygital format
- Regulatory framework and methodological materials
- Educational process on technological sports disciplines (public talks, workshops, opening of chairs on the basis of universities)
- International sports organizations of classic, digital and technological sports disciplines (federations, associations etc.)
- Organization involved in occupational guidance responsible for youth policies (school students, applicants, students and others)
- Federal and regional executive organs for the organization and/or participation in grant competitions
- Interactive conferences, festivals, forums, round-tables, exhibitions, open lectures, master-classes, hackathons etc.
- International student camps and councilsы
- Demo-competitions between educational institutions
- Popularization of phygital-sport
- Exchange of experience and best practices
- Development of technological Sports in Russia
Contest for developing phygital sport
From July 8 till July 29 one can submit an application for the participation in the contest and tell about his project for developing phygital sport in one’s respective city. In September the best of the best will speak at the forum “New Approaches to the year 2022” and get a chance to become a regional affiliate of the All-Russian Federation of Phygital Sport.
The All-Russian Federation of Phygital Sports is being created. Period
The World Games of Future announce a contest for the development of phygital sports in Russian regions. Applications for participation are accepted until July 29, 2022.
Phygital (Physical + Digital) is a combination of physical and digital – it is the reality in which the modern world has been living for a long time. And sport is no exception. Even the most conservative sports disciplines who stick to traditional ways do not neglect innovations and become more technology-oriented. Therefore the main goal of the contest is to unite like-minded people and introduce a trend for phygitality. The rules of participation are simple: it is necessary to present an idea for developing phygital-sport in one’s region and fill-in the application form on the web-site. The results of the contest will be summed up until August 17. The authors of the best projects will get an opportunity to be at the head of phygital-sport development in their respective region with the support of the Association with Limited Liabilities World Games of Future including the subsequent interaction with the All-Russian Federation of Phygital Sport as a regional affiliate.
The inaugural Games of Future in phygital format will be held in 2024 in Kazan. Participants of the tournament will be competing in 16 hybrid disciplines with each of them combining classic sport, eSports or VR-/AR-technology.
Throughout the bidding campaign meant to select the host city of the Games of Future several dozens of bids from Russian cities were received. Last June at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum the deputy chairman of the Russian government Dmitry Chernyshenko pronounced Kazan the winner of the contest for the right to hold the tournament.
“The bidding campaign for the right to hold the inaugural games drew interest in dozens of regions, therefore we invite all like-minded people for whom our concept rings a bell to join the phygital movement officially. The range of phygital sports is much broader than the initially developed 16 disciplines, that would be one of the goals of the Russian Federation of Phygital Sports – to discover new hybrid disciplines, create professional leagues for high schools, universities, amateurs and professionals”, – says the project manager of the Games of Future Igor Stolyarov.